Meet the Editors

Martin and Deidre Bobgan

Martin Bobgan holds four university degrees, including a doctorate in educational psychology from the University of Colorado and heads PsychoHeresy Awareness Ministries. Deidre Bobgan holds an M.A. degree in English from the University of California, Santa Barbara, and is a member of the honorary academic society Phi Beta Kappa. Together they have coauthored twenty-five books, some published by Bethany House, Moody Press, and Harvest House. Deidre has also written The Beauty of the Disciplined Life by Grace through Faith. God has further blessed them with four children, ten grandchildren, and six great-grandchildren.

Martin’s doctorate in educational psychology from the University of Colorado qualified him for the Clinical Psychologist license in California, for which he never applied. After reviewing the many often conflicting theories and therapies along with their often contradictory techniques, they realized the whole business of psychotherapy was a hoax and were alarmed to see it coming into the church.

December Update

Dear Friends,

One thing we are known for, ever since our first book, The Psychological Way/The Spiritual Way, published by Bethany House Publishers in 1979, is the following:

We believe and have taught for over 50 years that the Word of God and the work of the Holy Spirit are sufficient to deal with the nonorganic, soul issues of life. Additionally, those who suffer from the biological trials and tribulations of life can receive spiritual comfort and encouragement to enable them to walk with Christ through their trials and tribulations. We have taught and practiced from the beginning that all the personal, relational issues of life that are now popularly referred by many pastors to counselors can best be done through the Church.

In 1958 the Clinical Psychologist license was the first offered nationally in California. The Marriage and Family Therapy license was offered shortly after that. Thus, 64 years ago there were no licensed psychotherapists for pastors to send their flock to. Our belief statement would be happily and heartily received by most in the Church back then. Now the referrals out of churches to the psychotherapists’ offices are almost a universal practice.

Barna Research, which identifies itself as a Christian organization, reports on the results of a national survey of adults the following: “More Americans are Open to Counseling.” However, they report that “almost one in four (23%) says they would never see a counselor.” That leaves 77% who have seen, are currently seeing, or are open to seeing a counselor. Locally eight out of nine churches that would consider themselves Evangelical refer congregants with issues of life to local psychotherapists.

Barna Research also reports: “Americans by far have positive experiences with counseling—a practice that helps them heal from trauma, facilitate mental health, build strong relationships and change destructive patterns of thinking.” Hidden in plain sight to the Barna Research team is the fact that all of the above positive claims and more are offered by God in His Word and through His Holy Spirit.

Thank you to all of you who see what is hidden in plain sight to the Barna Research team and many others in the Church and who support our efforts to inform others.

Blessings In Christ, Who is our only hope,

Martin and Deidre Bobgan

Sign up today

Sign up today to receive new Psychoheresy Awareness articles, PsychNotes, and other items of interest.

Your privacy is important to us. Your information will not be shared, and you can unsubscribe at any time.